The Quest Center is a TN-chartered, 501(c)(3) non-profit music education and resource center located at 202 East Railroad Street in downtown Dickson, TN. Our mission is to help build and strengthen community through music.
We believe that all children deserve the opportunity to learn, play and create music regardless of where they live, their financial resources or other factors. No child is turned away for financial reasons.
The Center strives to:
- make music education available and accessible to all children and youth through grade 12, in particular to children & youth who may not otherwise have access, regardless of financial resources or other factors
- eliminate barriers to participation, including financial subsidies, scholarships and free in-class use of instruments. A limited number of instruments are available for at-home use each semester.
- provide a supportive, affordable and safe environment that helps children develop confidence; creative, social & accountability skills; and instills the peripheral benefits of music education, building responsible and caring citizens who have a positive impact on their community
- provide leadership and a curriculum where all skill levels can experience a continuum of music activities: learn to read & play music, improve existing skills, play collaboratively, explore songwriting and performance, learn about the music business, make new friends and jam!
- provide passion and student engagement that helps reduce boredom & risk behavior among youth, especially during non-school hours & summer months
- involve youth in leadership roles, as teaching assistants and mentors
- expose young artists to practical industry business models
- Promote a culture of inclusion, acceptance & respect without regard to age, prior music experience, background or orientations
- reinforce that character and relationships matter
The Quest Center for Art & Community Development Inc. is recognized by the IRS as a nonprofit organization under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to the Center are deductible under section 170 of the Code. We are also qualified to receive tax deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under section 2055, 2106 or 2522 of the Code.