Interested in a cool place to play music, become more comfortable playing with others, improve existing skills, gain confidence and meet creative people?
Join us the second Thursday of each month between 7:00-8:15pm for the Quest Center Student Stringjam — a chance for students of various ages and skill levels to come together, make new friends & enjoy playing music in a laid-back, no-pressure hang. We especially invite beginner jammers to join us and become part of our music community.
If you’re an experienced, elite musician looking for a place to flex your chops, this is DEFINITELY NOT your jam. We are here to serve students, we encourage & support our guests and we accept (and enjoy) being equals among all levels of student strummers & pickers.
If you’re a student musician who wants to be more comfortable & confident playing with others in a welcoming, supportive and fun environment, this IS your jam. But you gotta show up! If you’re uncomfortable walking through the door for the very first time – just c’mon in and grab a seat! Sit back and watch until it feels right to jump in. Come for a few numbers, or stay for the night! But be sure to bring a few of your favorite (easy) tunes to share!
It’s crucial that we maintain a culture of friendship, where everyone can accept (and enjoy) being equals among all levels & styles of musicianship. And since we all have a better time when we know what to expect and what’s expected, please read on… and be share with your guests.
- We follow a round-robin, circle format – when it’s your turn, you pick the tune! Please consider songs that are heavy on basic major chords so everyone can jump right in. Solos optional!
- Please observe jam courtesy. Everyone wants to hear and be heard, so please be sensitive to your volume. It’s tough for vocals and mando solos to compete with 12 rhythm guitars!
- Respect everyone’s song selections, even if they’re not in your wheelhouse. HEY – IT’S MUSIC! It’s what brought us together in the first place. You’ll get to choose when it’s your turn 🙂
- Ego and attitude check at the door. We’re a community. Welcome, encourage & respect all guests and skill levels.
- Please – no alcohol, tobacco or vapor products.
FAMILY & GUESTS WELCOME!
Please be sure everyone understands the format of the jam before they arrive. We want your guests to feel welcome, comfortable and respected. HELP EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT TIME!
So bring along your favorite jam tunes and your instrument(s) of choice. We welcome most unplugged instruments. Our objective is to provide a cool place where student musicians of all skill levels can gather and enjoy making music together. Strings, vocals, wind, keys, harmonica, accordion, limited percussion… Heck, if you can sit in a circle and play it, bring it on!
BTW – we’re genre agnostic. We love anything, especially with basic major chords so everyone can play along.
If you have any questions, drop me a note or give me a call at 615.326.5090.
Thanks, and we hope to see you there! Jim.
INFO IN A NUTSHELL
WHAT: The Quest Center Stringjam
WHEN: The second Thursday of each month, 7:00-8:15PM
WHERE: The Quest Center, 202 East Railroad Street, Dickson, TN (between the Walnut Street Church of Christ parking lot and the railroad tracks). Entrance is the wood-and-glass door through the patio.
PARKING: Limited parking is available in our lot, directly behind building. Additional free parking is available in the neighborhood and throughout downtown Dickson.